Please note: to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We’re working remotely during the pandemic but will return to the office when it is safe. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Join a Great Team as a WordPress Designer with a growing Digital Marketing Agency!
Tree Ring Digital, a top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking a proficient WordPress Designer to contribute to our growing, talented team. Our WordPress designers are responsible for designing and maintaining a variety of unique websites from small businesses, eCommerce, blogs, and membership portals. They will work with content writers and WordPress developers to ensure we are providing our clients with engaging, results-driven websites. They will also assist the marketing team in building attractive landing pages for marketing campaigns. To succeed in this role, you should be comfortable working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and be able to manage to work with a team on multiple website projects concurrently. The right candidate is hungry for growth and learning, understands the importance of user experience, and knows how to balance functionality with design.
Candidates need the ability to quickly switch gears between projects to accommodate our fast-paced environment and quick ticket problem-solving. While there can be a little stress involved, there’s also a lot of variety and excitement – our team never gets bored! One minute you might be designing a website for a local closet organizer and the next you’ll be updating a site for a national franchise with multiple locations.
Our culture is unique and hard to beat; we are a hard-working, fast-paced environment with flexibility and options for remote work. We are an established (we just celebrated our 10th anniversary!), small firm committed to work/life balance for our team members – no 60-hour work weeks here!
- Lives in the Denver, CO area
- Can come into our office at least 3 days per week
- Demonstrates work experience as a WordPress designer and proficiency in writing code in a professional environment
- Must have the ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously with a sense of urgency
- Must have the ability to quickly adjust priorities to respond to pressing demands, and work well under pressure
- Is focused on client success
- Enjoys pushing the boundaries of design
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Design, maintain, and manage WordPress websites including content changes, images, new pages, and fixing bugs
- High motivation to complete projects by deadlines
- Resolve site problems quickly and efficiently
- Focused on client success
- Continually striving to provide outstanding customer service to clients
- Adhere to project hours requirements, timelines, and tracking time appropriately
Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 Years Minimum WordPress Design Experience
- Highly Proficient with HTML and CSS
- Highly Proficient with Cross-Browser Compatibility and Responsive, Mobile-first Design
- Proficient in WPBakery, Form Builders, and Theme Customization
- Highly Proficient with Photoshop
- Proficient in Using a Wide Range of WordPress Plugins and 3rd-party Integrations
- Proficient with Shared Hosting Environments, FTP, and cPanel
- Experience working within a CRM, Slack, Dropbox, and Project Management Software
- Effective Verbal and Written Communications Skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Works Well Independently as well as in a Collaborative Team Environment
- Self-motivated with the Ability to Learn Quickly
- Strong Attention to Detail
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$50,000 – $55,000 salary with performance-based bonuses, health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for all major US holidays, and 1 week of PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with approved flexibility as needed, and the opportunity to work remotely at times. We have a great culture – people love working here because of the flexibility, our laid-back environment (business casual with a professional edge), supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events. We encourage our team members to find where they are passionate and grow their skills with the company. We try and promote from within whenever we are able.
We are returning to the office with a hybrid model and will maintain that moving forward. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. We share workspaces and often meet outside the typical workspace. If you want to work in the mountains or a park with your dog, we are ok with that, as long as you have wi-fi.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to clients. If you’re a good fit and up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you! TreeRingDigital.com/careers
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received through this portal will be considered.