In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be able to work at our office in Denver. We have a hybrid model of 2 days work from home and 3 days in the office. Contractors and 3rd-party firms need not apply.
Tree Ring Digital, a Denver-based, top-rated digital marketing agency, is seeking an experienced, self-motivated, proactive Business Development Manager to join our growing and collaborative team. The ideal candidate will understand website development, digital marketing, and the power of these two efforts combined. Candidate is also enthusiastic and driven to prospect, set appointments with business owners, generate leads, and drive sales.
About Us: Our culture is unique and pretty hard to beat: we’re like-minded people who share common passions, appreciate one another’s unique ideas, enjoy each other’s company, respect each other’s skills, have each other’s backs, and love what we do. We’re a well-established, diligent, and creative group that thrives in our fast-paced work environment. Our firm is committed to a work/life balance for all team members.
About our dream candidate: This individual should have experience building relationships, generating new leads, and preparing proposals with web development and marketing strategies for client growth opportunities for client approval and team implementation. A successful candidate will prove to have strong relationship building, email writing, and phone selling skills. They’ll work with the CEO on strategy and the Project Manager to onboard the client and confirm the scope of work is properly executed.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Potential and existing clients and their contact details
- Potential and existing client meetings, proposals, and deliverables
- Workflow, timelines, and budgets
- Project expectations with the project manager
- Company pipeline with new business and following up with potential business
- Accurate notes and reports of all leads, customer accounts, and sales
- Assistance in preparing contracts and proposals
- Support to project manager and CEO with sales, clients, and day-to-day business operations
- Weekly sales and performance reports to management
- Sales ideas and techniques to CEO to drive new sales
- Organizing and communicating with the team and project manager:
- CRM and business system support on an ongoing basis
- On-boarding sessions
- Meeting dates and notes
Job Requirements, Skills, Abilities, Education:
- Build and sustaining long-lasting relationships with potential and current clients
- Ability to proactively identify client growth opportunities and prepare proposals for client for approval and team implementation
- Gain new business and set appointments through existing clients, prospecting, partners, cold-calling, networking, web leads, and referrals
- Create, write, and present persuasive proposals to customers for website, hosting, digital marketing, graphic design, and printing
- Identify client needs and utilize selling techniques to demonstrate the value of company services
- Answer questions related to WordPress, design, development, hosting, and emails
- Traveling within greater Metro Denver area to conduct face-to-face meetings with existing and potential customers
- Keeping abreast of the latest industry developments by attending meetings, training workshops, and industry events
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (phone, email, and face-to-face)
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent computer skills
- with proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Pages, Google Drive, and Dropbox
- Strong interpersonal, problem-solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, and conflict-resolution skills
- Strong organizational, analytical, prioritization, and decision-making skills
- Prepare and execute a successful sales plan to help the company meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue expectations
- Read and analyze RFP’s with team to provide complete and thorough content to respond appropriately; edit proposal content for readability, consistency, clarity and compliance with requirements
- Strong relationship building, email writing, and phone selling skills is required
- Work with the marketing team to analyzing existing clients’ marketing efforts and provide suggestions to the client based on performance
- High level of:
- Attention to detail (including accurate data entry skills)
- Knowledge in WordPress framework, plugins, and maintenance preferred
- Knowledge in Digital Marketing Strategies (SEO, Paid Ads, Social Media, etc) preferred
- Ability to:
- Source, pursue, and close deals with clients who need branding, website design/development, digital marketing, graphic design or printing (from research, networking, trade shows, etc.)
- Defuse situations when needed
- Maintain relationships with new and existing clients alike
- Prioritize, manage time, switch gears, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Think several steps ahead and execute tasks without (or before) being given direction (once trained)
- Take work direction well & follow specific processes and procedures (once taught)
- Work well independently, as well as in a collaborative environment
- Utilize the correct tools, resources, and team members to find answers to client questions
- Learn quickly
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have/Be:
- 2-5 years experience in web or marketing agency preferred
- 2-5 years experience of proven business development or sales preferred
- Proposal writing experience including preparing, delivering, and following-up on product/service proposals and pricing quotations
- Managing multiple clients simultaneously
- Management experience preferred
- Basic knowledge/experience with:
- Generating new sales
- Social Media Platforms; Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
- Google Ads
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Digital engagement areas, such as web design, web analytics, search engine optimization, paid ads, and social media
- CRM (Insightly), QuickBooks, GSuite, Office 365, Pages, Slack, WordPress, 1Password & Dropbox
What We Offer the Right Candidate
$45,000 – $60,000 base salary plus a competitive commission structure with health insurance, dental insurance, paid time off for major US holidays, and 1 week of PTO.
Standard hours are Monday – Friday from 9 am – 5:30 pm, with flexibility when needed, and the opportunity to work remotely. Some networking does happen before and after these hours and willingness to be flexible in hours is a must. We are willing to train the right candidate for some aspects of the role, but prefer someone who understands sales and displays exceptional communication with clients and team!
We have a great culture – people love working here because of our hybrid model, our laidback, business casual environment, supportive team members, and our fantastic monthly team outings and events.
We have a hybrid model with two days a week working remote and three days a week working from our office in the RiNo neighborhood in Denver. It is imperative that the person we hire be Denver-based, as this is a very collaborative position and involves local relationship building. We don’t do cubicles or stuffy corporate offices. We share workspaces and often meet outside the typical workspace. If you want to work in the mountains or in a park with your dog, we are ok with that, as long as you have wi-fi.
Tree Ring Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Come join a team with a clear mandate to deliver high value to clients. If you’re a good fit and up for a challenge, we’d love to hear from you!
We appreciate your excitement, but please no calls to our office. Only applications received using the form below will be considered.